Hedge Funds Job in Canada – What is a Hedge Fund? Hedge funds are alternative investments using pooled funds that employ numerous different strategies to earn active return, or alpha, for their investors.
If you are looking for a good paying job in Canada, Hedge Funds Job in Canada is welcoming applicants for Supervisor, Fund Accounting. Qualified candidates are to submit their application via the following procedure.
Supervisor, Fund Accounting – Hedge Funds
Canada – Toronto – Bloor Street
N0 of openings – 2
Since the 1940s Citco* has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 6,000 employees in 45 countries we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients’ evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service.
Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. And our CSR programs provide meaningful and fulfilling work in the community. A career at Citco* isn’t just a job – it’s an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
About the Role
The Supervisor is responsible for providing and overseeing all accounting functions and preparation of financial statements, partner allocation P&L flow, assure fund operation is within the guidelines of offering document, provide comments on offering documents, provide assistance and guidance on accounting standards and best practices.
Our teams consist of highly skilled Chartered Accountants, MBAs, and CFAs who are trained to provide highly accurate, timely, and efficient services, ensuring 100% accuracy and providing world class customer service.
Job Duties in Brief
- Monthly Net Asset Value preparation, which includes:
- Cash and Portfolio Reconciliations
- Income and Expense Accruals
- Partner/Shareholder Allocation calculations
- Financial Statement preparation
- Maintain the general ledger and various sub-ledgers
- Prepare and review trial balances and workpaper product
- Manage and monitor the timing and quality of client deliverables
- Interact with senior management and clients
- Overall responsibility for client relationships and meetings
- Establish plan for new client setup and transitions
- Coordinate, manage, and monitor external audit process
- Process capital calls, distributions, and statements for the PE accounts
- Place outbound phone calls to clients in response to written inquiries, or to obtain clarification on transaction processing requests
- Provide technical accounting/industry knowledge to clients
- Coordinate with Operations group, Tax group, Investor Relations group, Financial Statement group, and other groups at Citco
- Review private equity fund clients partnership agreements, PPMs, and other materials
- Implementation of fund structures on accounting system
- Interact daily with P&L team on valuations and price analysis
- Ad hoc reports as needed.
Hedge Funds Job In Canada Qualification
To be eligible for Hedge Funds Job in Canada, candidates or applicants must meet the following criterias:
- University degree in accounting, finance, economics; or professional accounting designation
- CGA, CMA, CA, CPA, CFA)
- Experience in financial services industry, particularly with hedge funds and/or investment companies;
- Extensive Supervisory and Managerial experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and Outlook Demonstrated financial reporting / analytical / organizational skills;
- Proven ability to work in a challenging, professional and deadline driven work environment.
Best Canadian Hedge Funds Released
The awards aim to help investors identify the most exceptional hedge funds of the year, recognizing winners in four categories as well as the overall best Canadian hedge fund.
Blair Franklin Global Credit Fund was named Overall Best 2017 Canadian Hedge Fund, based on best combined 10-year annualized return (2.17%) and Sharpe ratio (3.23)